Thu, 24 Feb|
The Cost of E-commerce Scams...and how to avoid them!
E-commerce sales are expected to account for 21.8% of global retail sales by 2024.
Time & Location
24 Feb 2022, 18:00 – 18:45
About the event
E-commerce sales are expected to account for 21.8% of global retail sales by 2024. However, a recent survey* has shown that “almost a third of businesses nationwide reported suffering security breaches through cyber-attacks over the last 12 months, compared with 35 per cent in Wales and the Southwest” with an average reported loss of £35,000**.
What can you do to prevent your food or drink business from becoming a victim of an e-commerce scam? Help is at hand.
The panel will be looking at:
• What do e-commerce scams look like?
• What preventative actions should you be taking?
• E-commerce related export scams – tips on how to spot and avoid them
• Social media scams
The panel for this webinar includes:
• Michael Evans, Senior Export Associate, Export Cluster/BIC Innovation
• Sarah Morris, Superfast Business Wales
*Report by accountancy and business advisory firm BDO LLP
** Reason Global – Insuring your reputation